Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
- 1 lime, cut into wedges or slices
- kosher salt
- 2 ounces tequila (silver or reposado)
- 1 ounce lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- ½ ounce agave syrup OR to taste (optional)
- Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of the glass and then dip the outside of the rim of the glass in kosher salt.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila (100% agave), Cointreau and lime juice to the shaker and shake hard for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the salt-rimmed glass (with or without ice) and enjoy!