Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
Serves: 4 to 6
This is truly a one-pot mac and cheese recipe that couldn't be easier. Be sure to measure the water because that is part of the recipe - no draining required. Recipe from, Comfortable Under Pressure Cookbook
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound macaroni
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup cream
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting for a few minutes.
- Add the oil and stir in the dry macaroni to coat. Pour in the 2½ cups of water and lock the lid in place.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure with QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid.
- Immediately, without draining away the water, add all the remaining ingredients and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.