Greek Pasta Salad
Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
Serves: 6 to 8
This Greek Pasta Salad recipe is perfect for entertaining - you can make it ahead of time and serve it room temperature. Recipe from, [i]Comfortable In The Kitchen [/i]Cookbook
- 1 pound dried rotini or fusilli
- 4 to 5 tomatoes, cut into wedges OR 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 half red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in cool water for 10 minutes (about ½ cup)
- 1 red pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1½ - 2 cups of feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or mint Dressing:
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano pinch dried marjoram salt freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, marjoram, salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, red pepper, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked pasta, toss in the feta cheese and add as much dressing as you would like (you may have some dressing left over).
- Finally, toss in the fresh basil or mint, and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature in a serving bowl or over a bed of greens on a large platter