Apple Fries with Caramel Cream Dip
Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
Serves: 8 to 10
Here's a tasty treat out of your air-fryer. The apples get warm and just a little tender and soft on the inside, but can hold there own when you dip them. You can also try dipping into chocolate sauce or just caramel sauce if you want to keep it dairy free.
- 3 Pink Lady or Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- Toss the apple slices and flour together in a large bowl. Set up a dredging station by putting the beaten eggs in one shallow dish, and combining the crushed graham crackers and sugar in a second shallow dish. Dip each apple slice into the egg, and then into the graham cracker crumbs. Coat the slices on all sides and place the coated slices on a cookie sheet.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 380ºF. Spray or brush the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Air-fry the apples in batches. Place one layer of apple slices in the air fryer basket and spray lightly with oil. Air-fry for 5 minutes. Turn the apples over and air -ry for an additional 2 minutes.
- While apples are cooking make caramel cream dip. Combine the whipped cream cheese and caramel sauce, mixing well. Transfer the Caramel Cream Dip into a serving bowl and drizzle additional caramel sauce over the top.
- Serve the apple fries hot with the caramel cream dip on the side. Enjoy!