Classic Chunky Beef Chili
Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds boneless chuck or round roast, cut into bite-sized pieces salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (about 3 to 4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground dried cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker on the BROWN setting.
- Add the oil and brown the beef pieces in batches, seasoning with salt. Add the onion, garlic, chipotle pepper and spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the beef stock and lock the lid in place.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop NATURALLY and carefully remove the lid. Season to taste again with salt and garnish with cilantro. Serve over rice and beans, or alone with any of several garnishes: sour cream, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, avocado, a wedge of lime or tomato
Serving size: 6-8