Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
Serves: 3 cups
- 3 Haas avocadoes, halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion, soaked and rinsed
- ½ Jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (or leave the seeds in for spiciness)
- ½ cup finely diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the avocado and lime juice into a large bowl and mash with a potato
- masher or large fork.
- Add the salt, cumin and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Stir in the onion, pepper, tomato and cilantro. Season to taste with more salt
- and lime juice as needed and serve with some tortilla chips.