Risotto with Butternut Squash and Sage
Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
Recipe from, [i]Comfortable Under Pressure [/i]Cookbook
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped shallots (about 1 large shallot)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1½ cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 3½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
- Add the oil and cook the shallots and garlic for a few minutes. Add the butternut squash and sage and cook for another few minutes, browning lightly. Add the rice, wine and stock and lock the lid in place.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure with the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheese and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
Serving size: 6