Rigatoni with Italian Sausage, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Artichokes
Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
Recipe from, Fast Favorites Under Pressure Cookbook
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1¾ cups chicken stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) jar artichokes (marinated or water packed), drained
- 8 ounces dried rigatoni pasta (about 3 cups)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
- Add the crumbled sausage and cook until browned. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the peppers, garlic and red pepper flakes to the cooker and cook for a few minutes. Add the wine and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes, and return the sausage to the pan.
- Stir in the rigatoni, pushing it under the liquid and lock the lid in place.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure using the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Serving size: 4