Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and grease an 8-inch cake pan with butter.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler, or carefully in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a stand mixer, or with an electric hand mixer, until it reaches the ribbon stage (the eggs fall from the beater in one solid line like a ribbon). Add the salt and beat well. Drizzle in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Stir the flour into the mixture just until no streaks of flour can be seen. Try not to over-mix at this stage.
- Transfer the batter to the greased cake pan, smoothing out the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out relatively clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan. Then, remove the brownies from the pan, cut into squares and serve.