Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence
- lemon half
- celery salt
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (or more if you like it spicy)
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce (roughly 1 teaspoon)
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka
- 4 ounces (½ cup) tomato juice
- roughly 1 cup ice cubes
- Garnish (celery rib, cooked shrimp, pickled green beans, lemon wedges, stuffed olives, cooked bacon)
- Prepare a tall glass (flared pint, highball or Hurricane glass) by running the lemon half around the rim and dipping the rim of the glass into the celery salt. Set the glass aside.
- Combine the horseradish, Tabasco® sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, vodka and tomato juice in a pint glass or cocktail shaker. Squeeze a little lemon juice in.
- Fill a second glass with ice cubes. Pour the Bloody Mary back and forth a few times from one glass to another. This will chill the drink down and mix all the flavors. Finally, pour the drink (including the ice cubes) into the prepared tall glass.
- Garnish with any number of garnishes and enjoy!